Reingold, a full-service social marketing and communications firm in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, offers an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, talented editor. At Reingold, no one works in a box: As part of a five-member editing team and a key contributor to the print and digital content produced by more than 100 communications consultants, the editor must work well with others. We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment, an infinite variety of challenging assignments, and the opportunity to support and advance causes that matter, including health care, veterans’ services, and education.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide editorial direction to writers, in concert with project directors, at the outset of writing assignments.
- Contribute to the development, writing, and review of client and firm copy.
- Edit and proofread client and firm copy for adherence to the requirements of the initial assignment and to reflect subsequent discussions with project managers and writers.
- Promote and update editorial policies, standards, and procedures to ensure adherence to them across the firm.
- Contribute to internal written materials, including project summaries, website copy, and contract proposals.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in writing and editing for corporate, nonprofit, government, marketing/communications consulting, or news organizations; familiarity with AP style is a plus. Experience in strategic communications planning and targeted message development is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send a resume and a cover letter (including your salary history and expectations) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 703.299.2424. No phone calls, please. www.reingold.com