Junior Web Designer
Join a team that has shaped the web presence of high-profile initiatives for clients such as the NFL, the U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Reingold, a full-service marketing and communications firm in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, offers an outstanding opportunity for a creative and resourceful junior web designer.
This is a full-time position located in our Alexandria office. The junior web designer is part of a team of web design, development, user experience/user interface, and digital marketing professionals. The position will be integral to executing and supporting several large web projects for a variety of clients.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of designing, building, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications, online portals, and internet marketing technologies. Our work demands a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running.
Qualifications and skills include:
- 1–2 years of solid professional experience in web design, implementation, and architecture (freelance experience included)
- Graphic design experience
- Competency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX/UI design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or Sketch
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, and to manage complex and simultaneous projects
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to clearly convey information to upper management and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or commensurate experience
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, and Umbraco content management systems
At Reingold, no one works in a box. We nurture and leverage individual talents and encourage our web developers and designers to continually learn and grow. We offer creative freedom, a collaborative and supportive (and fun!) work environment, and an infinite variety of challenging assignments. Each one of our gifted developers and designers contributes unique experience and a fresh perspective to help fulfill our clients’ needs.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with salary requirements, and online portfolio by email to email@example.com or by fax to 703.299.2424. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; Veterans are encouraged to apply.