Linux Java Developer
Join a team that has shaped the web presence of high-profile initiatives for clients such as the NFL, the U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Reingold, a full-service marketing and communications firm in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, offers an outstanding opportunity for a creative and resourceful mid-level Java developer.
The Java developer is part of a team of web design, web development, user experience/information architecture, and search engine optimization professionals. He or she will be integral to creating dynamic applications and websites for a variety of clients.
The successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Linux servers and the Java development lifecycle. The candidate will have proven experience designing, configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications, online portals, and internet marketing technologies. Our work demands a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running.
Required qualifications and skills include:
- Solid understanding of software development principles and practices
- Experience building and integration web applications and/or CMS-based websites
- Fundamental knowledge of Java as a language and development environment, particularly Spring and Struts2
- Extensive experience configuring Linux servers, particularly in cloud environments
- Practical knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including at least one of the following: MySQL, MongoDB, or PostgreSQL
- Practical experience with continuous integration, configuration management, and deployment automation using tools like Git and Maven
At Reingold, no one works in a box. We nurture and leverage individual talents and encourage our Web developers and designers to continually learn and grow. We offer creative freedom, a collaborative and supportive (and fun!) work environment, and an infinite variety of challenging assignments. Each one of our gifted team members contributes unique experience and a fresh perspective to help fulfill our clients’ needs.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with salary requirements, and online portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 703.299.2424. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; Veterans are encouraged to apply.