Senior Java Developer
Join a team that has shaped the web presence of high-profile initiatives for clients such as the NFL, the U.S. Census Bureau, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Reingold, a full-service marketing and communications firm in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, offers an outstanding full-time opportunity for a creative and resourceful mid-level Java developer.
The senior Java developer is part of a team of web design, web development, user experience/information architecture, and search engine optimization professionals. The position will be integral to creating dynamic applications and websites for a variety of clients.
The successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the Java development life cycle and have proven experience designing, configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications, online portals, and internet marketing technologies. Our work demands a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running.
Required qualifications and skills include:
- Experience building and integrating CMS-based websites in Java
- Experience configuring and deploying Linux-based websites with Apache
- Practical experience with Apache Struts
- Deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with one or more of the following: MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Additional skill sets desired include:
- Experience programming and developing with an enterprise similar to the Jive platform
- Experience developing with Angular
- Experience with Apache Sling
At Reingold, no one works in a box. We nurture and leverage individual talents and encourage our web developers and designers to continually learn and grow. We offer creative freedom, a collaborative and supportive (and fun!) work environment, and an infinite variety of challenging assignments. Each one of our gifted developers and designers contributes unique experience and a fresh perspective to help fulfill our clients’ needs.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume with salary requirements, and online portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 703.299.2424. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer; Veterans are encouraged to apply.